This vegan matcha superfood bites was born when I bought a couple of bags of matcha powder and wanted to create a healthy snack. I really wanted to incorporate at least a couple of “superfoods” to offer my friends and coworkers a healthier snack choice to try. It’s always a great idea sneaking in some nutritious ingredients into a snack so you can enjoy the benefits of them.
I used a mini donut pan for this recipe just because it’s so damn cute and I wanted an excuse to use it. These might not be for everyone. They have a earthy, green tea flavor from the matcha so it depends if you like that. You can still be adventurous and try to recipe to decide for yourself. After reading all of the health benefits of these little bites you might change your mind.
I used organic Japanese matcha powder I found on Amazon but you can use whichever matcha powder you have.
Here are a few health benefits included in the ingredients:
- Boosting metabolism and burning calories
- Calming the mind and relaxing the body
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Enhancing mood and aiding in concentration
- Rich source of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids
- Boost libido and increase endurance
- Relieve menstrual issues and the side effects of going through menopause
- Increase physical and mental energy
- Helps to clear acne and blemishes
- Help reduce the risk of heart disease
- Highly nutritious
- Help benefit skin disorders
- Great source of protein and Omega 3
- One of nature’s highest antioxidant foods
- Being high in dietary fiber, chia seeds benefits bowel regularity
- Reverse inflammation, regulate cholesterol and lower blood pressure
- Help treat diabetes