These little vegan energy balls are packed with energy and protein but are yet so sweet and make for a great snack or healthy dessert. It’s like eating raw brownie dough that is actually good for you too! I love making those and keeping them in the freezer for a go-to snack when I’m craving a little something sweet but still want to eat healthy. They are a great pre or post workout for a good boost of energy. If you do not like coconut, you can also roll the balls in hemp hearts, which are great source of Omega 3. Below are some of the many health benefits of these little balls.
Health benefits of Maca:
- The Maca root is a plant native to Peru. It is usually sold in a powder form. Maca is known for increasing libido in men and women. Research has shown Maca to helped alleviate menopausal symptoms, boost sports performance & energy, improving your mood, balancing hormones and much more!
Health benefits of dates:
- Dates are great at helping promote weight loss, reducing blood pressure, reducing hearth disease and much more.
- Read more about health benefits of dates here.
Health benefits of walnuts:
- Helps improve bone health
- Reducing risk of diabetes
- Prevents coronary heart disease
- Prevents growth of cancerous cells
- Aids in improving metabolism
Also check out my short video of this recipe here.