This Vegan beet cakes recipe is another one of my experimental recipes using very few simple ingredients found in my fridge & pantry. Making patties is one of my favorite solutions to a filling side or main dish to snack on. These beet cakes are actually healthy and also gluten free. I know that for some people beet is an acquired taste so if you’re not a fan of beets try replacing them with butternut squash.
Some health benefits of beets:
- Beets are good at preventing skin, lung, and colon cancer since they contain a pigment named betacyanins, which studies have revealed counteracts cancerous cell growth.
- Beets are known for improving liver health
- Beetroot is a source of vitamin C, which helps prevent asthma symptoms.
- Beets have been considered an aphrodisiac or sexual booster.
- Beets also contain a significant amount of carbohydrates that provide energy for prolonged sports activities
Health Benefits of garbanzo flour:
- Gluten free
- High in protein, iron & fiber
If you like patties as much as I do, also check out more ideas & recipes here.
Also try my beet & red lentil soup recipe which I love making in the winter time.