This sweet & spicy roasted almonds recipe is great for snacking or using in salad and other recipes. I use it in salads or trail mix or sprinkled over a breakfast smoothie bowl. You can also swap the almonds with walnuts or cashews. It’s so easy roasting your own nuts and that way you can control the ingredients vs buying a processed nut mix.
- Replace agave with maple syrup or “bee-free honey“
- Instead of the cayenne pepper try other spices like cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper…
Some of the many health benefits of almonds include:
- Almonds are rich in healthy fats, protein, fiber, vitamin E, Magnesium..
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Almonds are among the world’s best sources of vitamin E, with just one ounce providing 37% of the recommended daily intake
- Almonds can assist with blood sugar control, which makes them a perfect choice for diabetics
- Can lower cholesterol levels