This Quinoa stuffed bell peppers recipe is a great healthy meal option on a busy night. Since I only cooked for myself I made the recipe with 2 peppers. You can double the portion and make 4 peppers to serve 4 or refrigerate the rest for a go-to meal. The peppers would stay fresh in a tight lid container in the fridge for about 4 days. When I’m meal-prepping for my week it’s easy for me to make a couple of these so then I have a lunch or dinner ready to go.
Peppers Varying ideas:
- Substitute the quinoa with cooked couscous or millet
- Swap zucchini with chopped mushrooms
- try adding some chopped fresh herbs after cooking the quinoa & veggies
Some health benefits of quinoa:
- Quinoa is one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat
- Quinoa contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains
- Quinoa contains Iron. Iron helps keep our red blood cells healthy and is the basis of hemoglobin formation.
- Quinoa contains lysine. Lysine is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair.
- Quinoa is rich in magnesium. Magnesium helps to relax blood vessels and thereby to alleviate migraines
For more easy meal & snack ideas check out more of my recipes here