I love this super easy to make Chocolate Tahini Avocado Smoothie, which is really good for you too. Eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourself of great tasting foods. This smoothie is packed with potassium, natural fats and many other great nutrients. Have fun with it and feel free to change/add any of the ingredients to your liking. The avocado makes this smoothie creamy and adds healthy fats & other great nutrients. Don’t be intimidated by the higher fat content of this drink, it contains healthy fats and fiber, which will aid you in weight loss and feeling fuller. Here are only few of the many health benefits of some of the ingredients included in this recipe.
Some health benefits of Bananas:
- Bananas contain nutrients that moderate blood-sugar levels.
- The dietary fibers in the banana may improve digestive health
- Eating bananas can help with weight loss
- Bananas contain potassium, which is a mineral that is essential for heart health, especially blood pressure control.
Some health benefits of Avocado:
- Avocado actually contains more potassium than banana. Potassium is a nutrient that most people aren’t getting enough of
- Avocado is Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids
- Avocados are a great source of fiber
- Eating avocados can lower your cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Some health Benefits of Tahini:
- Tahini is one of the best sources of calcium
- Tahini is high in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
- It helps prevent anemia and helps promote healthy cell growth
- It’s easy for your body to digest because of its high alkaline mineral content, which is great for assisting in weight loss.
Some health benefits of Almond Butter:
- Almonds are known to help prevent heart disease and heart attacks.
- Support healthy brain function
- Help maintain skin health
- Help with weight loss and prevent over eating
- Can help fight cancer and inflammation
- Help maintain dental and bone health
I believe that a healthy lifestyle includes not only good balanced nutrition. Exercise and staying active is also very important. You don’t need to deprive yourself or cut calories in order to stay healthy and trim. This recipe is mentioned in a great article by my friend Mike Hartman from Formal Fitness Training about losing weight safely.